Saltar al menú | Saltar al submenú | Saltar al contenido

Área de empleados pc | mobile     español | english
You are in: Home > The company > Our evolution > 1941 SYVA was established

Our evolution

1941 SYVA was established

Although the origins of the company group IAPSA date back to 1898, the history of Laboratorios SYVA did not begin until 1941.

The knowledge contributed by the illustrious men of science of the Veterinary Faculty of León was crucial to the beginnings of the company.

Such illustrious people as Santos Ovejero del Agua, the first Technical Director of SYVA, Miguel Cordero del Campillo, the most important figure in the field of Veterinary Science and Humanities or Ángel Sánchez Franco, a renowned prestigious parasitologist, all played an important scientific role in the initial stages.

Pioneers in the manufacture of sera and vaccines against Swine Fever, Erysipelas, Haemorrhagic Septicaemia...

Research work began immediately, and also the production of sera and vaccines for cattle–which is what the letters S.Y.V.A. stand for in Spanish–, in particular, against Swine Fever, Erysipelas or Haemorrhagic Septicaemia.

By this time, the SYVA Vademecum already contained over thirty specialities against the most important infectious diseases.

Laboratorios Syva S.A.U.
HEADQUARTERS: Av. Párroco Pablo Díez, 49-57 - 24010 León (Spain) - Tel. 987 800 800 - Fax 987 802 452
IMMUNOLOGICAL PLANT: Av. Portugal, s/n - Parc. M15 y M16 - Parque Tecnológico - 24009 León (Spain)
Facebook Twitter Youtube